Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Book Review: Everything I Do (Outlaws #1)

Everything I Do (Outlaws, #1)
Everything I Do
M.C. Frank
2/5

This book was kind of messy. It could be because when I read the description, I was very excited, and it didn't live up to the hype for me. A boy infiltrates Robin Hood's gang but it's not a boy?? It's a girl?? Who has a history with the gang? Yeah that all sounds great, as a plot, I think it's cool. The application of it wasn't great.

There were too many disjointed things happening yet simultaneously there was too much repetition. If you're repeating a whole block quote more than three times then let's be honest, you're grasping for things to fill the pages. I think there were big inconsistencies with the content, at one point Ru says that Robin Hood will be her first kill, at another she said she's killed a bunch of people. Stuff like that where I was like I can't enjoy reading this because I can see all of the mistakes.

Again, it's a cool premise and I finished it so it's not that difficult to read. It just doesn't flow well enough for me to give it any higher of a rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...