Thursday, January 23, 2020

Book Review: The Winter Witch

The Winter Witch
Winter Witch
Karpov Kinrade and Heather Hildenbrand
3/5

This little novella looked a lot cooler than it was. Like, it wasn't bad or anything, it's just I was promised a vampire and a witch, and I was hoping for like at least one epic battle. No, they got along immediately, there was like no character growth, it was just the statement of facts and we we were just supposed to go along with it.

Again, this sounds like a bad roast, but it was a fairly enjoyable little read. It's just that I was expecting more so I'm being a little harsh on it. It's extremely short, like less than an hour and you'll be through it. It's just supposed to be a cute little retelling, it just introduced too many cool and original elements for me to be satisfied with such a short run-time.

If you like things that are straightforward, this one would be good for you. I understand that it's a retelling, but I was hoping for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...