Monday, December 16, 2019

Book Review: The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy #2)

The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2)
The Girl in the Tower
Katherine Arden
4/5

The Girl in the Tower is the second book in the Winternight Trilogy, continuing the tale of Vasya and her journey to break away from the societal norms and accomplish her destiny- whatever that may be. I think that I liked this one better than I liked the first despite my numerical ratings, it had less of the confusing chronological things and the perspective shifts. Vasya has finally made it to Moscow, disguised as a boy and in a lot of trouble, but she's done what everyone said she couldn't.

I think I've liked the main character of every book I've ever finished. Like even if I don't like their decisions, I can't like willingly put myself in someone's head without liking them and like I'm constantly rooting for them. I love Vasya, I think that she's brave and she says what's on her mind and won't let the limitations of the time limit her. But sometimes I just wish that she would do what she should do rather than what she wants to do. I was so stressed out the whole time because she kept making such rash decisions. I can accept it to a certain point, but one after another was just giving me high blood pressure. I know that's her whole thing and all, yet there were so many situations where her decisions were destroying the lives of others and just making me feel bad.

Like I said, I love Vasya, and she's growing and I have a lot of confidence that she'll eventually get where she should be. I also liked Morozko I just didn't understand his connection to Vasya, felt very surface-level and I'd like to see it more fleshed out if it's something that's really going to develop. I'm still excited to see how the trilogy ends, hopefully it comes full-circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...