Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Book Review: Bloodfire (Blood Destiny #1)

Bloodfire (Blood Destiny, #1)
Bloodfire
Helen Harper
2/5

Two stars feels a little mean but the more that I think about it, the less I like this book. I like dragons, which this is kind of about, and I like shapeshifters, but like all the powers are so poorly defined that it gets really annoying. Mack is just a regular human living with shapeshifters, which is highly illegal, but they've all just been covering for her cause her mom put a spell on them or something. I want to know why if they all believed that she was just accepted as human? The witches.. aren't human? I don't know what they define as human here it was all weird.

Also, Mack is stupid. If you have bloodfire or whatever, you aren't normal. I don't know why she would think she's normal? She's just not very smart at all and I need a character who I can support. I don't connect with her because she's not separating herself in any way aside from the powers that she can't use for anything all that special.

It's just an urban fantasy in a non-urban setting. Characters that I can't get behind, powers that are kind of lame, and just generally kind of boring. Wouldn't recommend, don't think I'll continue the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...