Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Book Review: Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves #2)

Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
Vow of Thieves
Mary E. Pearson
4/5

As I said in my review of the first book, I didn't like the Remnant Trilogy all that much. This duology, though, is on a whole different level. Like I'm still shook about how cute everything was an how wild of a roller coaster it all was. Kazi and Jase think that they've gotten their happy ending, until they're ambushed, stabbed, shot, and separated. Now, they aren't sure if the other is alive and they're scrambling to prevent the total breakdown of his kingdom.

There were some major plot twists throughout the book that really got me. The betrayals, the promises, just the romance of it all was exceptional. Kazi is so strong, everything she goes through has only really made her a better character. I don't really understand her magic powers, like I think she decided at the end that it was all because of her mother's determination? That was a little weird and difficult for me to follow, but it didn't take away from the other amazing elements.

Another thing that I was off about was the amount of injuries these two took without any real long term damage. Like I said, they were shot, stabbed, thrown off mountains, poisoned, attacked by dogs. Then, they recovered way too fast. Other people got cut in the hand and they were like handicapped for life, but Kazi and Jase were just good to go. It felt a little off that there was so much damage and so many injuries just for dramatic effect.

But I really loved it. I think that this was a major step-up from the first trilogy and if Pearson goes on in the universe, she's only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...