Sunday, November 17, 2019

Book Review: The Flatshare

The Flatshare
The Flatshare
Beth O'Leary
4/5

This book was so cute! It deals with people who aren't perfect, but not in the usual way where they're like wow I look like a supermodel I wish I could look like other girls. Tiffy has just gotten out of a horrible break-up, but she still lives with the guy. She wants to get out but she can't afford it without living in the slums. Enter Leon's advertisement, he wants a flatmate who would only use the flat on nights and weekends, and is within Tiffy's budget.

Leon is kind of against social interaction, he's just not much of a talker. Tiffy is larger than life and loves to talk. They bridge the gap through little sticky notes left around their flat. They're so cute, their notes get deeper and deeper until they decide that they need to move beyond the notes and meet in person. I love how it's not overdramatic though, it's a perfect contemporary because while the relationship is amazing, the situations are all happening everyday. Issues of mental domestic abuse and the corrupt prison system and communication, everything gets it's time to shine here.

The book doesn't feel cluttered. There are points where I was like ok that fell a little flat and I could have done without it, and that's why this wasn't entirely a five-star read for me, but I still generally just loved it. I would recommend it for fans of contemporary, or for fans of books that give real people with real problems a realistic voice without being totally depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...