Monday, November 4, 2019

Book Review: A Million Worlds With You (Firebird #3)

A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3)
A Million Worlds With You
Claudia Gray
4/5

This series has been pretty good. I read it all so fast I didn't even bother with writing a review for the second book because like I think it'll all make sense through this one. It gets confusing, there are a bunch of alternate dimensions and you can travel to these alternate dimensions but only as yourself. But also you aren't really yourself, every different one of you exists as a different person so it really gets complicated. I mean, given this premise every decision as small as the color shirt which you choose creates an alternative dimension.

Marguerite thought, throughout the series, that there was such a thing as fate. That she loves Paul and had loved him in other dimensions so would consequently be eternally destined to be with him. That kind of hinders their relationship here as they have to come to terms with the fact that they are their own people who make their own decisions. I was kind of annoyed the whole time with how whiny Paul could be, complaining about how broken he is and then just getting over it. I get that splintering isn't something that leaves a person feeling completely whole, but he really was holding the plot back.

I usually get annoyed by sci-fi because a lot of it doesn't feel plausible to me. Here, there were obvious plot gaps that were left open just because the author obviously isn't a physicist and it's all made up anyways so whatever. The series as a whole is still super interesting and definitely worth reading, you just might find yourself questioning some of the finer aspects of it all. Paul was annoying but I still liked him as a character, even though I feel like he got like ten pages actually about him throughout the whole series. The ending was more rushed than what I expected from a multi-dimensional fall out, but you know what would really feel like a representative ending to it all. Overall, I'm glad I read it and I'm satisfied with the way everything played out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...