Saturday, October 19, 2019

Book Review: Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms #6)

Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6)
Immortal Reign
4/5
Morgan Rhodes

At this point I'm pretty sure I was only in the series for Cleo and Magnus. The other characters were like eh for me, I respected Jonah but he's literally so bad at everything he does. Lucia is a serial killer and I don't trust her, don't think she really did much to redeem herself. Amara was my least favorite of all, I really hate that she got her redemption arc, she didn't deserve that.

Like I said in my last review, Morgan Rhodes has really grown as a writer and I really appreciate what she was doing here. There were some plot twists, I hadn't expected the whole Kindred possession thing, I hadn't expected Magnus to get buried alive and have to make his way back, there were somethings that really made the series special. But again, I was just here to see where Cleo and Magnus went. Their storyline wasn't all that special, it was just something that I could really get behind. Their reunion and subsequent interactions in this book just got me.

I'm not sure if this is really a four-star book, maybe I'm biased because I read all the other books in the series and I motivated myself to get to the end so like I feel like I had to like it all to a certain extent. If you get past the first two books, I really recommend finishing the series. It can get dull at times, but the magic doesn't really culminate until the sixth book. It's not earth-shattering, but it definitely has it's moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...