Friday, October 18, 2019

Book Review: Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms #5)

Crystal Storm (Falling Kingdoms, #5)
Crystal Storm
4/5
Morgan Rhodes

I'm writing this review after finishing the next book in the series, I hate doing that but like I just forgot to write it all out. This is the fifth book in the Falling Kingdoms series, so if you've gotten this far I think it's safe to say you're kind of invested in the characters. Morgan Rhodes writing gets better every book, I think this series really helped her to grow.

There were some plot things that made no sense. Like Lucia and Lyssa and Jonah is just a very weird plot line and felt very rushed here. There were a lot of gaps in the storyline covered by blackouts and thunderstorms that just made no sense. I don't know if I would honestly even be invested in finishing the series if it hadn't been for Cleo and Magnus's story. I don't know if I want to support Magnus or not, their relationship is very back and forth and everything about this book stressed me out. But as characters they both grew an amazing amount so I'm really here for it.

Would recommend this book series just because it gets so much better as you go. If you like books where you have no idea where the characters will end up, this is the one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...