Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Book Review: The Winter Ghosts

The Winter Ghosts

The Winter Ghosts
Kate Mosse
2/5

Overview

The problem I had with this book is that nothing set it apart from any other book. Like, I can't even really put it any specific genre because it was just so bland and didn't feel like it committed to any genre. I guess it was romance, he said he loved the girl but he didn't even know her so I didn't really feel good about it? I guess it was paranormal but also it was so short and so peripheral that I didn't get any of the chills that I usually get with novels about ghosts.

I thought for a bit that we were going to get some Pedro Paramo type plot where we reconsider everything we thought we knew, but for paranormal it was extremely straight forward. I'm talking extremely straight forward. Like one character told another to find something, they immediately found it right where the other character said it would be. It wasn't a mystery, it wasn't some great conspiracy, it was just direct and to the point.

Would I Recommend?

I got the book for fifty cents at a used bookstore, so for a fifty-cent book it was okay. In all other aspects, I wouldn't recommend it to fans of romance, or mystery, or paranormal, so I don't really know who would be interested in it. It had some points where I was kind of interested, so it wasn't a one-star book, but it isn't something I'd really be interested in ever reading again and I'll probably forget it considering none of the characters were distinct in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...