Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Book Review: The Ex Hex (Ex Hex #1)



















Overall: 3.75/5

Plots and Themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing Style: 4/5

Attention Grabbing: 4/5 

Ten years ago, Vivienne accidentally got a little drunk and cursed the ex love of her life. She never thought anything came from it, but skip to present day and his return to her small home town is accompanied by a string of disasters. Disasters impacting him and the very magical source that maintains the power of her little world. 

I think this was a cute and quirky read, it was super quick and a little rushed through the end, but fun to read. My new niche is these paranormal rom coms, they're just your usual romcom but with that dash of Sabrina the Teenage Witch magic themed disasters. I don't usually like second chance romances, but I'll make an exception for relatively short teenage flings. At that point, you can both respect the growth you've gone through and acknowledge that you're only better of for having waited. 

I'd recommend this one, I think it's short enough to be appealing yet long enough to give you a little adventure threaded into the romance. I don't know if I'll read the other books in the series just because I like reading these romances as standalones, but I did enjoy this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...