Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Book Review: Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #4)












Overall: 3/5

Plots and Themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing Style: 3/5

Attention Grabbing: 3/5

Okay, this series is really starting to pick up. We're seeing some character development and we're finally getting into their tragic backstories that have been dangled in front of us for the past three books. There's a demon on the loose. Perfect comedic timing too, after they all just swore that it's a rare occurrence due to the brutality and utter destruction that these demons can cause. But it's happening, and it's threatening to unearth secrets that have been hold by their little friend group for years. 

I liked it more than I liked the others and it's definitely pushing me to finish the series. But I do have to say, I read Taming Demons for Beginners first and I think I'm going to have to go back and do a reread because I'm lost with everything that's going on in these parallels. I thought the series were separate but in the same universe, turns out they literally intersect. I think I'm going to have to go back and reread Taming Demons for Beginners before I can continue through this series, but I think it's definitely better than what I thought at the end of the third. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...