Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Book Review: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)












Overall: 5/5

Plots and Themes: 5/5

Characters: 5/5

Writing Style: 5/5

Attention Grabbing: 4/5

This is a reread of a series I read in high school and I'm pretty happy with how the quality has held up. It's inarguably young adult, but the quality of the story lines hold up. A few things weren't as deep as I remember them being, specifically the romances and how they're formed, but it's hard to look at teenagers falling in love when you're not a teenager and understand their perspective. But I still think the story is so clever, the manipulation of fairy tales to this quirky dystopian world is so weird but also at the same time so obvious? I don't know, it strikes the perfect balance and it definitely holds up. The cultural references are still iffy, but I appreciate that she improved her representation in her other series. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...