Sunday, March 20, 2022

Book Review: Dark Lies (Magic Side: Wolf Bound #3)

Dark Lies (Magic Side: Wolf Bound #3) 

Dark Lies

Veronica Douglas

Overall: 3/5

Plots and Themes: 3/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing Style: 3/5

Attention Grabbing: 3/5

Dark Lies is the third book in the Wolf Bound subseries of Magic Side. Savy has figured out she's a wolf, she's figuring out more as to why that's happening and what that means for her. She's also working on developing her sort of relationship with Jax, which has all the problems you would expect from something like that. She's also dealing with this new family she never knew she had and trying to  balance her two separate lives. 

This book was way too long for what actually happened in it. The back and forth was frustrating, we're on book three why are we still on the rejection phase? It would be fine if it was like a back and forth all around, but she had fully accepted it then decided to make a 180 and run away? I just feel like it's a poor set up that's only being written in cause there's no other way to extend the plot. 

I like the characters and I kind of like the universe, but I don't know if I'll be reading the next book in the series. It was just boring and unfulfilling and I don't know if I want to put myself through that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...