Monday, January 17, 2022

Book Review: Bad Kitty (A Cat McKenzie Book #5)

Bad Kitty: A Snarky Paranormal Detective Story (A Cat McKenzie Novel Book 5) by Lauren Dawes 

Bad Kitty

Lauren Dawes

Overall: 2/5

Plots and Themes: 2/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing Style: 2/5

Attention Grabbing: 2/5

This is the fifth book in the Cat McKenzie series, we're well into her universe and her arcs and we're just going from mystery to mystery at this point. Cat and Sawyer are closer to ever and trying to figure out the extent and limitations of their bond. We have the added confusion of a random interloper who has somehow bound himself to Cat's service and a crazy serial killer taking out billionaires. 

I think this is the last one I'll be finishing in this series. I've just kind of been overloaded at this point with the way that the author depicts Cat, I don't know if it's a complication of balancing a hard detective with a softer feminine personality or that the author actually wants us to see the protagonist as babyish. Either way, it was hard to read and combined with a kind of lackluster mystery I feel like the book has run its course. 

I've enjoyed the books to this point pretty well, but I think I'm going to need something more exciting to keep it going. There was no cliffhanger or anything that would motivate me to keep it going and I've kind of lost motivation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...