Friday, October 29, 2021

Book Review: Alpha Magic (The New York Shade #4)

Alpha Magic (The New York Shade #4)

Alpha Magic

D.N. Hoxa

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

This is the final book in the New York Shade part of this world, the closing to Sin and Damian's story. The Uprising is brutally set on ending her, either via exposing her or via death whichever comes first. When she gets put in the most danger she's really ever been in, she has to figure out a way to save herself and those around her. 

I'd say this is a pretty solid conclusion. It has it's problems just like anything else but honestly it ended things in a way that leaves things open while still tying everything up. I wish we had seen some more open communications but you win some you lose some. I really liked the way we resolved the whole her-survival-is-a-crime thing cause it stays authentic to the idea that she's still illegal but also leaves room for a realistic solution.

Not much to say, I think I might even read the sequel series just because I like the way that magic is build and the way she writes characters but also we'll see. It took me forever to crack this review out too so I've mostly mellowed past any issues I may have had with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...