Friday, August 13, 2021

Book Review: Wolf Marked (Magic Side: Wolf Bound #1)

Wolf Marked (Magic Side: Wolf Bound #1) 

Wolf Marked

Veronica Douglas 

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 4/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 4/5

Attention-grabbing: 4/5

I'm going to be honest, I download a lot of books on Kindle Unlimited cause they're free and I'm bored and not cause I think they'll be particularly good. This one actually surprised me because I really liked it. Savannah is working a dead-end job waitressing in a small town and trying to make ends meet when her life is thrown all out of whack by the appearance of the supernatural. Now, she has to rely on one of the same creatures who just nearly killed her to keep her safe while also trying to get her magic under control. She's dealing with dangerous family members she's never met or heard about and a wolf pack that definitely doesn't trust her or want her around. 

I thought it was a very nicely paced enemies to lovers romance. Where the tension is high and they can slip into accidentally being like oh shoot I'm interested in you but can also maintain the fact that they definitely should not be together. But they're also getting to know each other at the same time and building a foundation up from something other than their mutual attraction which I respect. 

I'm also a fan of the slow-reveal of her heritage and powers and everything. Even though I would very much prefer if I had read this when more books had already been out, I'm willing to wait for it. I think it's a very nice and well-balanced PNR that I could definitely see myself reading to the end and recommending to others (as long as they're PNR fans cause it's definitely an acquired taste).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...