Monday, August 30, 2021

Book Review: A Touch of Brimstone (Magic of the Damned #1)

A Touch of Brimstone (Magic of the Damned #1) 

A Touch of Brimstone

McKenzie Hunter 

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 2/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

A Touch of Brimstone is the first book in the Magic of the Damned series, following Luna's accidental run-in with Dominic, a Prince of the Underworld. She accidentally releases some crazy powerful magic that simultaneously releases all the nasties from the underworld's prison and has to help Dominic figure out how to eliminate the real perpetrator and get everyone locked back up. 

I didn't mind this book much, I thought it was a decent start to a paranormal series. I do think it could've done a lot more to get us involved with the characters and their relationship. I couldn't really get behind Luna and Dominic as a couple because while I thought they had decent banter, I don't think they had enough interactions to make me feel the whole relationship build up. 

The plot of the actual adventure and the romance work together to make a pretty interesting story-line, but I'm looking forward to seeing more intensity on an emotional level rather than just their base kind of physical attraction. Side note- I did think all the interactions with her ex were pretty funny and added to her character so like I definitely see potential in the writing and characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...