Friday, August 13, 2021

Book Review: The Savage and the Swan

The Savage and the Swan 

The Savage and the Swan

Elle Fields

Overall: 2/5

Plot and themes: 2/5

Characters: 1/5

Writing style: 2/5

Attention-grabbing: 2/5

So the baseline of this book is that there's a savage king and a princess who has lived under lock and key out of fear that this savage dude is going to murder her. When they meet cause she casually decides to peruse the lands one day, he (shockingly!) doesn't kill her and they have to figure out how to balance their separate kingdoms and separate tendencies with their feelings for each other. 

Full disclosure, I'm rather behind on writing reviews and I read this about a week ago and have mostly forgotten about what happened in it. That's not really a shining recommendation for it but gives you a good idea of how interesting it is. Everything is extremely straightforward and predictable and yet still poorly explained and fleshed out. Like I got to the end and I'm still confused why they started the war. I understand there was a prophecy and everything that made them try to kill a baby but like it just seemed like poor tactical approaches on both side. 

And him, as the wolf king, somehow also has wings? How is that aerodynamic in any way I really just cannot picture it. It was kind of just dropped out of nowhere on us too. I hate when books are like "oh the most powerful can do such and such" yeah okay so obviously that's going to be you or the other protagonist and why did you drop it on me like that. The romance felt just angry and without any kind of real chemistry. If anything it was domineering in a very bad way. 

So I'm definitely not recommending it unless you're interested in just occupying the time. Sometimes I like reading just to look at words and this one did it for me.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...