Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Book Review: A Purely Private Matter (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries #2)

A Purely Private Matter (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries, #2)

A Purely Private Matter

Darcie Wilde

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 3/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

A Purely Private Matter is the second book in Rosalind Thorne Mysteries, it has it's own separate mystery combined with the ongoing narrative of Rosalind Thorne. Rosalind is a self-made woman, she thrives off of aiding society women in figuring their way out of sticky situations. She's finds herself in the crossfire of another murder and she knows she won't be satisfied until she knows the truth. 

Listen, I didn't really have a problem with the mystery. It was a little dull at part but it was pretty consistent straight through. I wasn't super shocked by the ending and I think that's mainly due to how many names were being thrown around. The main problem I had with it was the progression of the love triangle?? I have no idea who she's going to end up with but like they're really lowkey developing her and Adam Harkness despite the ongoing assumption that she's going to end up with the Duke? I don't know it's kind of weird. 

It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either and generally I'm afraid that it's a bit forgettable. I don't know if I'll be reading on in the series because they're a little hard to get from the library and I'm not super into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...