Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Book Review: Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta #4)

Proof of Life (The Potentate of Atlanta, #4) 

Proof of Life

Hailey Edwards 

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

Proof of Life is the fourth book in the Potentate of Atlanta series following the adventures of Hadley and Midas. Things are heating up- both in their relationship and the war they've started with a coven of blood witches. They're both trying to balance a crazy number of things and it doesn't help that Hadley's family is coming to visit, both her real and fictional one. 

I generally like how the story is progressing. It's nice to see them building up from their traumas and working towards being a cohesive unit both in their separate positions. I do think the timeline is a little weird, it feels like it's taking forever but then they're like oh yeah five days ago. It feels like there are a lot of injuries for that short of a timeline. But I'm enjoying the little plot of Hadley and Ambrose becoming besties like that's what I like to see. 

So I'm excited to round the series out, I've really enjoyed it and I continue to enjoy it. I did take some points off here cause I thought the ending was way too much of a rush but I guess that's just how things work in this universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...