Sunday, June 20, 2021

Book Review: Honour Bound (Highland Magic #2)

Honour Bound (Highland Magic, #2)

Honour Bound

Helen Harper

Overall: 3/5

Plot and themes: 3/5

Characters: 2/5

Writing style: 3/5

Attention-grabbing: 3/5

Honour Bound is the second book in the Highland Magic series which depicts the conflicts of the Scottish Highlands between the dominant Sidhe and the humans and other magical creatures. Integrity has been wronged by the Sidhe again and again, when she learns about the games that occur every generation with a grand prize of literally anything the winner wants, she knows its her chance to restore her ancestral homelands. The competitions cover three challenges, each one more dangerous than the last and the odds are most definitely stacked against her. 

I don't have much to say because I already read the other two books in the series and my opinions would definitely be biased. I think it's really easy to read aside from the fact that the main protagonists are a bit annoying. I understand where Integrity is coming from but I do see her statements at odds with her actions. I don't think it's the worst representation of that happening that I've ever seen in a book and like, it's bearable, it's just annoying. 

So yeah, it's okay but again not as good as the Brimstone Bound books. I like Helen Harper though and I think she creates some really fun worlds. Stay tuned for my reviews of the other two books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...