Thursday, April 15, 2021

Book Review: The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy #1)

The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)

The Tiger at Midnight

Swati Teerdhala

3/5

Esha has spent the last ten years gaining a reputation as a legendary assassin known as the Viper, her ultimate mission being to kill the General who helped to kill her family and destroy her kingdom. Kunal is the nephew of said General and a dedicated soldier to the cause. When the two meet and are forced to work together, they can't avoid the chemistry between them. 

It wasn't a bad book, it just sounds like every single other book in this genre and it didn't do much to differentiate itself. I've read it done a lot worse but I've also read it done a lot better. It's not much of an enemies to lovers because there wasn't a lot of build-up to it, it was kind of just happening. The tragic backstories felt forced on us and like I was supposed to care but I really just didn't?

As a book on its own, it's not that bad it's just not super interesting. I was able to get through it fairly quickly without any real issues with like controversy or anything, the characters just weren't doing it for me. I don't know if I'll read the sequel, I think it's worth trying out if you like reading this whole kind of book but it just wasn't really for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...