Saturday, April 24, 2021

Book Review: The Sunfire King (Of Candlelight and Shadows #2)

 The Sunfire King (Of Candlelight and Shadows #2)

The Sunfire King

Sylvia Mercedes

4/5

After condemning her husband and his kingdom to the curse she had set out to break, Valera feels lost in the human world. Her sister has risked everything and lost years in her attempts to save her, but she can't make herself feel grateful or stop herself from going back to save him. She has committed to going to the ends of the earth to make things right, which is conveniently almost exactly what she does. 

I like the magical elements of this book. I think it's whimsical and just complex enough to be intricate without being boring. The problem I had with this one compared to the last was just how little the protagonists interacted. I understand the conflict, but I would've appreciated if we could have seen a bit more of that conversation at the end that we all agreed was needed. I'm not mad, I feel like it fell in with the worldbuilding and the length of the book I just would have preferred more. 

Again though, it was a nice and fun read. I think it perfectly fits in with the whole Beauty and the Beast Hades and Persephone fusion that we had going on in the first. I think that this series is going to go on? We have a lot of open elements with her sister and I hope we see a little more of them in the future too. Would recommend if you love the cute Kindle Unlimited reads that are just satisfying to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...