Sunday, February 14, 2021

Book Review: Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal #1)

Duke of My Heart (Season for Scandal, #1)

Duke of My Heart

Kelly Bowen

3/5

Captain Harcourt, also known as the Duke of Alderidge, returns from two years of sea travel to find a dead earl tied to his bed, his little sister no where to be found, and a random woman going through all of his business. Ivory Moore deals with scandal for a business, she wipes away the nasty business of the ton and keeps everything running smoothly. She doesn't get personally involved with her clients but Captain Harcourt isn't any sort of normal duke. As they unravel the events of the night in question they grow closer and find it difficult to separate the boundaries. 

I love a strong protagonist and Ivory was written pretty well. I do think she operated somewhat outside of the bounds of possibility for the time but it was handled pretty well. I will say that I don't know if she needed another duke considering the events which led her to her current position- which is a lot for me to say cause I'm always rooting for the dude with the highest title. Also, there aren't that many dukes in England so the fact that she managed to snag two struck me as kind of farfetched. Obviously the events of these kind of books are always a little farfetched but it was a lot to deal with in a singular installment. 

Interesting, not like a typical romance set in this time period. I think it definitely had a lot of positive aspects and it was a super short read with a very fast-paced plot. I don't know if I'll read the others in the series but this one was pretty enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...