Thursday, December 31, 2020

Book Review: Fantasy of Fire (The Tainted Accords #3)

Fantasy of Fire (The Tainted Accords, #3)

Fantasy of Fire

Kelly St. Clare

4/5

When I said these books were super fast I meant it, literally just read three in a day if that speaks to how interesting they are. The war is coming closer and Olina is having a difficult time keeping all the different parts of her life separate enough to be beneficial. 

The growth from a girl who had seen nothing and never shown her face to a girl who leads three different lives completely is pretty funny. In the previous review I spoke on how these weren't really phrased properly but I think this book started repairing that. It's a little hard to believe, but the way she explained it to everyone made it easier to understand. It honestly makes for pretty good drama, and good politics for at least one of the kingdoms. 

I would totally recommend this series for fantasy romance fans. I had my doubts in the first book about the authenticity of the romance but I think it was paced really well and it's not all that hard to believe. Olina has made some pretty poor decisions but she owns up to them and works her hardest to be a good leader in a variety of spheres. I can't wait to see how they deal with how tricky the politics of it all are though, I'm looking forward to a grand showdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...