Friday, November 27, 2020

Book Review: The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia #1)

The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)

The Faceless Mage

Kenley Davidson

5/5

I really liked this book! It's kind of hit and miss with the fantasy romances on Kindle Unlimited, but this one had some really fun and original concepts. Leisa owes a debt to her king, to pay it off she agrees to disguise herself as the princess to investigate the legitimacy of a marriage proposal. When she gets to this foreign court, she realizes it's a much more dangerous game than she anticipated. 

Then there's the Raven, a bodyguard assigned to her by the king. He has no choice in the matter, he's been bound by magic to obey the king's every command. He doesn't have a lot of independent thinking because when he feels strong emotions, the king can feel them through their bond. Even still, he finds himself wondering about the princess who lies about who she is and switches between what is expected of her and something much stronger. 

Plots with shapeshifting like this get me every time- I love it when someone's power is giving them an identity crisis it's such a great way to develop a character. Mirror mages are original and I can't wait to see how her powers develop in the future. I also like the Raven's true identity, it adds a whole additional level of intrigue. I know that's a little overdone, but I fall for it every time. 

All in all, I would totally recommend reading this. It's interesting and it's short so you can stay super interested the entire time. I can't wait till the sequel is released because I'm losing my mind in anticipation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...