Thursday, July 30, 2020

Book Review: Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)
Clockwork Prince
Cassandra Clare
5/5

I don't know if it's quarantine or just me going crazy, but this series is just hitting me so much harder than it hit in eighth grade. Like, I was seriously obsessed in eighth grade but I don't think the real magnitude of the situation hit me. I've been putting off getting back into Shadowhunters because it seems overly complex and I felt like I had outgrown that. Clearly, I was just doing that thing that happens a lot where I feel pressured to move on from my YA interests and not re-join fandom but I swear I'm about to get back on Tumblr.

If you haven't read this trilogy, I still think it's got a lot more emotional depth than TMI though I probably should re-read that as well. Tessa doesn't know what she is at this point, she's kind of a warlock but not really because she doesn't have a demon mark. All she knows is that she can shapeshift and that there's a crazy man claiming to have created her who is trying to exterminate all of the shadowhunters. The shadowhunters are a society of warriors with angelic blood who are bound to defeating the demons who have made it to our world. At this point, I see this book as so mainstream that you probably don't need a summary but I don't know what else to say.

It's a great read, even seven years after I originally read it. I'd say if you're bored, this is the way to go. The world has a lot of content but don't feel too intimidated by it, I feel like I'm missing a lot of references but I'm still enjoying the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...