Thursday, May 7, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery #6)

Murder on Marble Row (Gaslight Mystery, #6)
Murder on Marble Row
Victoria Thompson
4/5

Another great book in the Gaslight Mystery series and I've finally hit a roadblock- there's a hold for book 7 so it'll be even longer before I can finish it. This one followed a murder closer to Sarah's home, another family whom she had grown up with has seen a gruesome murder. She works closely with Sergeant Malloy once again with the inclusion of her mom and her dad.

I love the progression that we're seeing towards a relationship between the two of them. They seem to have come to terms with their feelings for each other in the most minimal sense possible. It feels like Sarah has accepted their eventual relationship while Malloy has accepted his feelings but denied any possibility of them ending up together. I like that it's slow because obviously people with this kind of trauma aren't going to rush into things but I'd like to get a better definition on the timeline, it's confusing me on how much time is actually passing between the books.

The murder here was great, I liked the plot twists and I liked how it broke away from the typical progression of events that I was saying that I was getting bored with in my last review. I see a lot of potential going forward and I can't wait to get the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...