Thursday, May 21, 2020

Book Review: Murder in Chinatown (Gaslight Mystery #9)

Murder in Chinatown (Gaslight Mystery, #9)
Murder in Chinatown
4/5
Victoria Thompson

I didn't know if I would get this far into this series because I've been having a problem lately with keeping up with longer series- but now I can't stop! Sarah and Malloy have officially become an iconic dynamic duo for me, everything about them is amazing and I love them and I'm desperate for more content. The mysteries are great consistently but the overarching plot between these two keeps me coming back for more.

I talked about this in one of my earlier reviews, I don't like how half of the books in this series have just progressed like a normal investigation until Sarah is almost killed/has to dispatch the killer herself. I just don't feel like that many of them would come after her directly or do it so poorly. I either want to see her in real trouble that lasts longer than five pages or I just want to see Malloy more consistently arresting the people in a normal way. I'm still giving this book a high rating though, because I think this is only a problem I have since I'm reading them so close together and they came out with years between them.

It's a great series though and I seriously cannot recommend it highly enough! I can't wait till the next book comes off the hold list so that I can jump back in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...