Thursday, April 16, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Washington Square (Gaslight Mystery #4)

Murder on Washington Square (Gaslight Mystery, #4)
Murder on Washington Square
Victoria Thompson
4/5

This was another great mystery in the Gaslight Mystery series! I really love how Sarah and Malloy are both growing as characters- particularly Malloy who isn't acting nearly as roughly as he did in the first novel. I love the relationship which both of them are creating with Brian and I'd really like to see more of him in the rest of the series.

The mystery was a little easier for me to solve again this time, though I didn't see every element of it coming and I loved the little twist. It kind of got a little more dull than the others in the series did, a lot more stalling. This is a slowburn romance(hopefully?) and while that's okay and entertaining, I can't imagine how frustrating this series would be if I had to wait a year for each of the books.

Super interesting, I learn something new from every book! If you love mysteries and historical fiction or you just want to be entertained, I'd definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...