Monday, March 30, 2020

Book Review: A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell #5)

A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell, #5)
A Murderous Relation
Deanna Raybourn
5/5

Words cannot describe how much I love this series. I've been waiting a full year for this one and the next one hasn't been officially announced yet so I'm losing it. Veronica Speedwell has spent years traveling the world studying lepidoptery, catching and selling butterflies, writing research papers, and going on adventures. She is fiercely independent and completely and totally unique. I love Veronica because she's a perfect embodiment of everything that I want from a heroine- she's not perfect but recognizes her flaws and grows from them and she's hilarious.

Stoker is equally amazing, and I really appreciate that he has never been sacrificed as a character despite this book being entirely from Veronica's perspective. Their romance is honestly one of my favorite in any book ever, and also one of the slowest burns that I've ever read. If I don't get another book full of their amazing interactions I might implode.

The only criticism I would have is how short these are! I respect it because they're all so self-contained and individually interesting, but I need so much more content. If you've ever been interested in regency books, murder mysteries, or amazing female leads, this book is a must-read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...