Monday, February 17, 2020

Book Review: Dark Desires

Dark Desires
Dark Desires
Eve Silver
3/5

I think that it's indicative of how much I need something to read right now that I didn't shut this book down just by the title. I hate the word desires so much I don't know why, probably cause there are lengthy pointless mature scenes like there are in this one. It's fine and all and I read a lot of romance so obviously I anticipate it, it's just so pointless to the greater message of the plot that it feels so obligatory.

I was confused for a bit of this book because I thought it was Jack the Ripper and I was like wrong decade and wrong victims, but it's just got the same vibes as Jack the Ripper's murders. I'm a big fan of nineteenth century murders so that part of it was pretty good, I love a good mystery and there were some elements of it that I didn't expect.

Some things worked out too well for me to really get behind them. I understand the main romance because that was the whole point of it all so it worked out really typically. I didn't think that every other character in the novel needed a romantic pairing, that just felt like reaching. There were a lot of parts- like the central interaction with the murderer- that felt a little too much like reaching.

I did like it though, it was a fun and fast little murder mystery. Other than what I talked about here, there weren't really all that many problems with it and I'd probably recommend it to people who are obsessed with this sort of thing like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...