Friday, January 3, 2020

Book Review: A Scandalous Deception (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #2)

A Scandalous Deception (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #2)
A Scandalous Deception
Lynn Messina
4/5

Beatrice can't go back to the life that she lived, she's a detective now and since another murder has fallen right at her feet, she can't just walk away. The Duke of Kesgrave, quickly realizes that she's pursuing another murderer, and can't help but to get involved. I had my doubts about the Duke of Kesgrave, but this one really fixed that. He was a lot wittier, there was a lot more chemistry, just in general was a lot more of a believable romance than the last book in the series.

I liked the plot, it was very easy to follow and yet it had a couple of interesting twists to it. The whole pummeling thing was kind of fun, just because I feel as though it should have made everyone's feelings more obvious but it obviously didn't. I love the drama and I think this book really brought it all.

I don't know if I can decide between thinking Bea's family is abusive and thinking that they are hilarious. They have their moments but also, do they genuinely care about her? I have yet to fully understand where they stand. But I'm also almost done with the third book at this point so we'll see where that goes. So far, this series is very good, especially for something that I haven't seen on any library apps or even in print, it deserves more hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...