Sunday, December 8, 2019

Book Review: The Cold King

The Cold King
The Cold King
Amber Jaeger
3/5

Another reread? I usually don't reread anything, and if I do there'll be like at least a three year gap. This one I read last year but for some reason some of the details were fuzzy. I'm pretty good at book plots, so I needed to check and make sure everything was the same as what I had in my head. I was also reminded cause I watched the Beauty and the Beast Christmas special and I was like hello throwback.

It's not a great book. Plot-wise, I think it's interesting and different enough from the original Beauty and the Beast to like justify calling itself a new book. Unfortunately, there were also quite a few spelling/grammatical issues that really hinder the quality of it. I understand working within budgets and all, but there were some things that were so simple that it'd only take a couple of arc readers to snag.

It's Beauty and the Beast, so you expect some rude behaviors from the male protagonists but this guy was pretty rude. I think it was a realistic portrayal of the insecurities someone who had been dealing with scars like that for three hundred years could display, I like books like this because the Disney movie obviously never deals with the emotional-stress of losing so much of your life to a curse.

I guess it's about what you expect from the cover, not bad but not great. I liked it enough to get through it a second time, so while you're reading it it really hooks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...