Sunday, November 10, 2019

Book Review: Meet Cute

Meet Cute
Meet Cute
Helena Hunting
3/5

I feel like this book had the potential to be a lot more than it was. I loved Legally Blonde, so a romance with two lawyers had me pretty excited. But it was more than that, in law school Kailyn and Daxton (weird names I know) had their meet-cute when she fell onto him- twice in one day. They were friends all through law school, but then never talked again after she thinks that he sabotaged her GPA to swipe the top spot.

The general issue that I had with this book was that everything was hyped up even though it wasn't as significant as they were saying. Their friendship in law school didn't seem to extend beyond the classroom. Her childhood trauma with adoption and not having a home didn't extend past when she was three. Not to like say that that wasn't traumatic, maybe it was, but it was so casually mentioned and we like never went back to it.

The villain? Totally predictable. If she had racked up thousands of dollars in debt from the child in question's dead parents, how would she ever be considered for custodial rights? I liked this book because I feel like it gave a more realistic portrayal of career and discussion than most books like this do, Kailyn as a lawyer was great and she was very collected and succinct. But at the same time, that law case was completely wrong, and there were just some slip-ups on the whole realism of the situation.

It's cute and I read it so fast, so I think I could still recommend it. But if you're actually going to think through the logistical situation of the plot, I would caution against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...