Sunday, October 27, 2019

Book Review: Technically, You Started It

Technically, You Started It
Technically, You Started It
Lana Wood Johnson
2/5

Someone recommended me this book, as like a light read for the bus or something. The premise is that Haley gets a text from Martin Nathaniel Munroe II and doesn't know who he is, she knows him and his cousin but they coincidentally have the same name and she thinks she's texting the one that she likes. I thought they would like be less involved in each other's lives, Another Cinderella Story type thing, but no they see each other and Martin knows that she doesn't know who he is but he just keeps going.

The format of this book irritated me a lot. That's a little on me, I probably should have DNFed, but I wanted to see how they ended up together. This whole book is via text messages, and not even in a way that's like convenient to follow, I was constantly forgetting who was talking because the only distinguishing factor between the two characters was the shade of gray of the text bubble. I had a straight headache from it all, and I was expecting it to be an easy read so my review is really biased on that point.

I don't know, wouldn't really recommend to anyone. The ending wasn't even great, I'm expecting a certain cliche cheesiness to my meet-cute romances and this one just fell flat. It was a funny premise, but not something I felt was good for a months-long relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...