Saturday, July 27, 2019

Book Review: Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy #1)

Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1)

Born in Fire
K.F. Breene
2/5

Overview

I don't really do the 0.5 stars thing, but I feel like I would have given this one 2.5 stars. I know a lot of people like it so I was looking forward to liking it so I just disappointed myself. It felt half-baked, like a knock-off of a million things already out there. The romance felt forced, I love sarcasm and puns and characters that think they're cool but not when it's being shoved down my throat.

The main vampire dude wasn't really interesting to me in anyway. Again, overused idea with the cooler than cool doesn't care about anyone cliche like I'm all for cliches, this just wasn't it. I get the appeal of it as a paranormal book, I love urban paranormal books like this but there should definitely be something to distinguish it from every other urban fantasy book.

Her lineage was hyped up the entire book I swear to god, I feel like I finished it just to know who her stupid dad was. It sounded cool, I guess it all adds up, it just felt like it fizzled out. All the sudden, everyone knew and no one cared. I guess that's something that could get better in the next books? I don't know I feel like I know how the whole series will pan out before even opening it.

Would I Recommend?

Eh. It was an in-between book I read on the bus, like not great but not terrible. It isn't anything that will change your life or keep you up at night, but there are some fun parts. I don't know if I'll read the whole trilogy, I guess we'll see how bored I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...