Saturday, February 25, 2023

Book Review: Slaying Monsters for the Feeble (The Guild Codex: Demonized #2)












Overall: 4/5

Plots and Themes: 4/5

Characters: 5/5

Writing Style: 4/5

Attention Grabbing: 5/5 

This is my continued reread of the Demonized series to match my progress in the Spellbound series. Honestly though, rereading this has made me want to read this more than Spellbound. The intricacy of the characters is just so much more appealing to me and I can't really put my finger on why. I think it's the idea of overcoming obstacles to relate to someone. Neither of them are really changing themselves, they're just working to better understand one another's worlds. I love it, it's some sort of niche trope that I would like to see in every book. 

So not much to say, my original review from 2021 covers it pretty well. I'm excited to get through the next Spellbound so that I can get back to this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...