Sunday, September 12, 2021

Book Review: Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized #3)

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped (The Guild Codex: Demonized, #3) 

Hunting Fiends for the Ill-Equipped

Annette Marie

Overall: 4/5

Plot and themes: 5/5

Characters: 4/5

Writing style: 4/5

Attention-grabbing: 5/5

This is the third book in the Demonized part of the Guild Codex universe following the adventures of Robin and Zylas. Despite being a bit filler-ish as a middle book in the series, this book definitely provides a lot to the development of the original character arcs and their ultimate resolution. 

I love everything that was happening- so much that I immediately went ahead and read the conclusion. Only thing I was a little dissatisfied with was the introduction of Ezra, his whole character is completely confusing to me. I don't think he was developed enough to become as instrumental to the plot as he almost immediately did. This definitely isn't a reason not to read just something that confused me. 

But totally recommend this series. It's fun and quirky and has a lot of stuff that you know and love from a PNR. I think it also doesn't focus too hard on the building romance, you see a lot of the relationship build as a mutual partnership prior to any actually romance. Zylas and Robin completely carry the series but I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...