Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Book Review: Of Beasts and Vengeance (Twisted Pages #2)

Of Beasts and Vengeance (Twisted Pages, #2)

Of Beasts and Vengeance

Elle Madison and Robin D. Mahle

5/5

This is the second book in the Twisted Pages series and it did not disappoint. After the cliffhanger of the last book, I was terrified I wouldn't like where it was going. But these characters are too well-written to make irredeemable mistakes. Zaina has suffered for years and thinks it's finally at the end, when she's forced to face the consequences of her actions she has to work with Einar to try to take her life back. 

I don't want to spoil anything because I think everyone should read the first book immediately. Einar and Zaina both have trust issues, both for good reasons. But the progression of their relationship is just so nice and so honest. The scenes about him understanding her culture and such? There's nothing I love more than a protagonist realizing they've been critically wrong and then deciding to make up for it. This book has literally every trope or cliche that I die for and I absolutely annihilated it. 

I would recommend this series a lot, fans of fantasy romance, fairy-tale retellings, or just a story about a character having to make the best of the worst decisions. The growth is phenomenal and I can't wait to see where these characters go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...