Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Book Review: Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery #12)

Murder on Lexington Avenue (Gaslight Mystery, #12)
Murder on Lexington Avenue
Victoria Thompson
5/5

Another great book in the Gaslight Mystery series! When the father of a deaf girl is murdered, Detective Sergeant Malloy is called because of his relationship with the deaf community. He discovers a convoluted web of rivalries within the deaf and hearing community- along with among the family members of the murdered man. When the widow of the man goes into labor, Malloy can't stop Sarah Brandt from becoming involved.

I love the dynamic of these two characters at this point. Eleven books ago I would have never guessed that Malloy would grow so much on me, he's really an awesome character at this point. Sarah has also grown a lot, she has Catherine now and is much nicer to her neighbor (which sketched me out about her at first). Overall, I'm super satisfied with the progress of the internal arcs.

The mystery here was also super interesting. It shocked me, I really didn't see the murdered coming. Or maybe I saw it coming a little, but I definitely didn't anticipate all of the wild character shifts. I've said it before, but this is an amazing series because of how well it integrates the overarching plot development along with the small little mini-plots of each novel. I might be twelve books in, but I'm far from bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...