Saturday, April 25, 2020

Book Review: Wild at Heart (Wild #2)

Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
Wild at Heart
K.A. Tucker
4/5

I was so nervous for this book, starting like immediately after the end of the first book, Calla has to make a pretty significant choice.  Does she move to Alaska with her kind-of-boyfriend Jonah, or does she not abandon the life she's always known? Obviously, she elects to leave the country and move to Alaska cause otherwise where would they be?

Like I said, I was extremely nervous the whole time. Obviously, Jonah and Calla are two very different people and what they had when she was in Alaska can't exactly seamlessly translate into a normal relationship. There were a lot of ups and downs here, and I was waiting for the big blow up that drove them apart- I was hoping it wouldn't be too irredeemable. There were a lot of them, they're both transitioning from very different lives. Jonah was a bachelor who flew wherever he wanted whenever he wanted, Calla lived with her parents and partied in the city every night. Even aside from the geographical transition, transitioning into a long-term relationship is a pretty big deal.

I think they handled it pretty well, they always talked things out. The biggest issue I had with it was the blowup that happened about 82 percent of the way into the book- I don't think you can come back so easily from saying that you hate a place completely when they both care so much about the others happiness. I'm happy that it panned out the way that it did, I just don't like how much empty time was building up to it, then how quickly it all dissipated.

It was great though, I love this duology and I'm definitely recommending it to people who love the a little bit of the classic enemies-to-lovers romance and like to see how it follows through to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...