Saturday, March 7, 2020

Book Review: On My Honour (Brethren in Arms #1)

On My Honour (Brethren in Arms #1)
On My Honour
Elizabeth Johns
2/5

I didn't like this book. The only thing that really kept me reading was the fact that I had gotten so far and didn't want to DNF it entirely, but I really debated giving it one star. Lady Margaret Blake is an orphan who has been sold to an American merchant, only narrowly escaping marriage by jumping off a ship at the docks. She meets Luke the duke trying to get away and he feels honor bound to help her, falling in love with her along the way.

I'm just very bored and trying to find good Kindle Unlimited books to read, this one dragged on forever. Lady Margaret was not a good heroine, she couldn't do basically anything without someone else's assistance. She wasn't very smart or very vocal, she did escape the marriage but that's about where her character peaked. The chemistry between her and Luke was basically non-existent, I felt more chemistry between her and Luke's steward.

I wouldn't recommend it because it's boring and not even historically insightful, just an all around drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...