Sunday, January 5, 2020

Book Review: A Nefarious Engagement (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #4)

A Nefarious Engagement (Beatrice Hyde-Clare Mysteries #4)
A Nefarious Engagement
Lynn Messina
4/5

I don't know if this series has been deserving my consistent ratings, but I am really enjoying watching both the Duke and Beatrice grow as people. The last book ended with their engagement and as I said, it felt abrupt to me, like they hadn't fully considered the consequences of that decision. There's a lot more of the societal impact in this one, but we also see the next step in their relationship, how it strengthened beyond the whole ideals of their mystery-solving shenanigans, and honestly it's great.

I don't know if I liked the angle of her parent's mystery, in terms of the mystery element of this one it fell flat compared to the others. It just felt a lot more forced than what had happened previously, and the conclusions didn't have the drama that it deserved.

It's hard to write a review about a book series you're so far in and that you're reading so close to one another, but I think it emphasizes the point that this series is worth reading. There are a lot of great points, and it's not as well-known as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...