Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Book Review: Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms #4)

Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4)
Frozen Tides
Morgan Rhodes
4/5

By the time I've invested enough effort to get through four books in a series, I'm obviously there for certain aspects. Honestly, I'm just super here for Cleo and Magnus. Makes me feel guilty because Magnus has been not nice, but like I love a good redemption arc. This book got the most stars out of any of the other books in the series because like we finally got the culmination of Cleo and Magnus's slow-burn enemies-to-lovers type thing and I am absolutely living for it.

There are obvious plot things that don't make sense about the series. The writing is still kind of eh for me, much better than the first one, but there are still sentences that feel a little choppy and incorrect. One of my friends pushed me to read the series, and whenever anyone recommends anything to me I have to read it cause if you like it enough to push it on other people there has to be good elements of it. It's Morgan Rhodes' first series so I'm just really happy to see the way she's growing as an author, it's been a great transition.

Honestly, Morgan Rhodes has absolutely no qualms with killing side characters. We've lost some brave fighters along the road. That's probably the main way that this series is similar to GoT- we have these main characters that survive basically anything and then then constant death of the side characters. I don't typically like that, it feels like using people to progress the plot in a cliche way (Theon in the first book was the worst of that) but I'll tolerate it here because some of the deaths have just shocked me.

I don't like some of the characters, Lucia is honestly killing me at this point, but the multiple POV thing isn't the worst. I'm looking forward to the last two books of this series cause, like I said, Magnus and Cleo have finally culminated, and the writing is only getting better as we go.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Shattered Dreams

Overall: 2/5 Plots and Themes: 3/5 Characters: 2/5 Writing Style: 3/5 Attention Grabbing: 2/5   Lady Elyssa Prescott has consigned herself t...